Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crafts - Doorhangers

One of my favorite (and easy) crafts to do with children would be to make a doorhanger decoration. 

Supplies needed:
  • Doorhangers (can be found at Michaels or Dollar Tree)
  • Foam stickers (could be any theme - Halloween, Christmas, or just fun stickers)
Two containers of Halloween foam stickers, alphabet foam stickers, and doorhangers.


Kids like the idea of doorhangers to help decorate and claim their rooms.  It's a fun and easy -very light mess- activity that can easily be altered to fit any theme you are currently celebrating or teaching the children.

In order to cut costs, it's wise to check our your local 99 cent store or Dollar Tree.  I believe at the Dollar Tree close to me they sell doorhangers in packs of 4.
Also, here in Tucson we regularly get coupons in our weekly ads for Michaels Craft Store where you can get 40% any one item.  Michaels does have more expensive doorhangers, but they are thicker and have more gender neutral designs.  I found heart and princess shaped doorhangers at the Dollar Tree and those are usually liked more by the girls I watch.  =)

Pack of 4 doorhangers = $1.00 + tax
Package of foam stickers = $2.49 + tax

This activity is less that $1 per child.  This is usually my goal when spending my own money back out on children I watch.  It's a balance between finding fun activities and also not breaking the bank in the process!

Here's an example of a doorhanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment