Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Nanny Mobile

My boyfriend has teased me about my nickname really being "Lynn Poppins" in reference to Disney's Mary Poppins.  I bring activities with me in my "Nanny Bag" as I explained but I also have worked out another way to help me bring activities.

My car is now also nicknamed the Nanny Mobile.  I've taken the large boxes and organized my games to be in the back of my car.  Often, kids get tired of the same old games all the time so I like to have my games with me as back ups. 

Here are some pictures for you to see my setup!  I will include stores I found the games at and the approximate price that I remember.  Yes, this did take money as well as time but I have these games and can be reused unlike crafts!

Here is the Nanny Mobile!  The box on the left contains games for younger children ages 3-8.  The box on the right contains games for older children ages 7-12.

Younger box contains the games: SORRY! (Yard Sale $1), Handy Manny Picture Find (Target $3), Princess Monopoly Jr. (Yard Sale $2), Hi-Ho-Cherry-O (Target $2), Scrabble Jr. (Bookmans Free!), Disney Cars 10 Game Set (Target $7), Mancala (Yard Sale $1) 
 
The box for older children contains these games:  Apples to Apples-Kids (Bookmans-Free!), Outburst Jr (Bookmans-Free!), Disney Monopoly (Bookmans-Free!), Monopoly (Target $3), Life (Yardsale $1)

When I took out Outburst and Apples to Apples you can see more games:  2 Clue Jr games (Target $2, Bookmans-Free!), SpongeBob Cranium (Target $4), Yahtzee (Wal-mart $7), Cadoo (Goodwill $2)

Bookmans is one of my favorite stores where I can use store trade to buy games, so yes I claim this is FREE because I don't have to use real money for the games!  Stay tuned for a Post all about Bookmans!

No comments:

Post a Comment