Saturday, November 6, 2010

Target - Halloween Clearance Finds

A good friend of mine over at DesertDealsDiva.com has done excellent work to try to locate deals that work for her family.  It's a great blog to follow and is basically the reason I wanted to share my ideas on nannying and babysitting.  Often, in her blog, she will discuss her Target finds on deals and recently she made out with Halloween clearance.

Check out her post here!

Last year she had told me to check out Target after Halloween when the put things on sale.  Not only do they have candy and costumes, but they also have books, puzzles, stickers, and my *favorite* Play-doh!  I'm including a picture of my post-Halloween shopping spree for myself.


Shopping Score!
A.  Mickey Mouse Book - with *lift and see flaps* = $2.49... reg. $4.99
B.  Disney Puzzle Pouch - I love working with puzzles with kids! = $2.99... reg. $5.99
C.  2 packages of Mini-tubs of Plah-Doh - I use these with another game I have created - Stay tuned! = $2.49 each... reg. $4.98 each
D.  2 packages of Halloween Foam Stickers - I use these for a craft - Stay Tuned! = $2.50 each... reg. $5.00 each

Doing the math if I bought these things before Halloween it would have been about $32.00+ but buying after Halloween I spent about $15.00  I know many babysitters may see this as out of pocket costs (OOP) but the money does come back to you in the amount of jobs you get called back for AND the tips parents will give you.

Kids love Halloween and I feel it's the first in a string of holidays that can be celebrated with a variety of activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment