Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Nanny Bag

One basic aspect of nannying is bringing the games, crafts, or activities to the children.  I thought I would start with explaining how I put together my bags and decide what to bring to each family.

For a family I watched with two girls ages 5 and 7 here is a picture of what I would bring.


For babysitting girls:  Yahtzee Jr. Princess ($5 Target), Princess Coloring Book ($5 Walmart), Disney Princess 10 Game Kit (Target $7), Stickers ($1 Michaels), Crayons (Target), 3 Books (Free - Bookmans!), Hello Kitty Games-Go Fish, Old Maid, and Bingo ($5 Easter Sale - Big Lots)

I like to use the large reusable bags that I have found different places.  My two favorites are my bags from SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo because they are large but carry the supplies well.  Planning my bag depends on the children I will be watching for the day.  I have been able to keep a notebook on families either if it will be boys or girls and what kinds of activities they like - I can elaborate on this in another post. 

My re-usable bag from a trip to San Diego in February 2010!

Here is my packed nanny bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment